The Mission Statement of Nafferton Primary School
Be happy, have high aspirations, respect and value others, show endeavour, strive to be successful and work together.
Our Harvest Logo
Read about our school aims:
We believe school is a place where parents, governors and the local community are involved and where there is mutual respect between adult and child. We believe that it is vitally important that every child’s work is valued and that there is a high expectation of what each child can achieve.
We aim to do this by:-
- having a clear direction and purpose, thus enabling pupils to achieve the highest possible standards and to make good progress in relation to their prior attainment.
- providing the pupils with teaching of high quality and a curriculum which meets the needs and requirements of the National Curriculum.
- promoting a love of learning.
- having high expectations in terms of behaviour.
- providing a rich environment in which each child can develop in confidence and self-esteem.
- developing an atmosphere which encourages children to care for each other and the environment.
- helping the pupils develop their spiritual, moral, social and cultural understanding in order to achieve good standards in all their relationships and to become responsible adults.
- creating a partnership with the home and the community.
- offering opportunities for children and staff to celebrate achievement.
- planning realistically and using the school’s resources efficiently to ensure good value for money from the available fund.
- seeking always to improve.